Updating B315 Firmware
This article gives you a step-by-step guide on how to update your Huawei B315 RBI routers firmware.
The latest firmware version is 21.329.01.00.1085.
Important things to know
- It will take about 15-20 minutes to update your software. While you’re doing this your broadband service will be impacted. If you have a phone connected to your modem, it will also be affected
- Around 60MB of data is used to update your modem.
- When you update your modem, your Wi-Fi password will need to be changed and any customised or advanced configuration will be removed
- Improved speed is dependent on cell sites in your area being upgraded
Before you start
Before you get started have a quick look at the check list below to make sure you have everything you need for the update. You’ll need:
- A Vetta Online provided Huawei B315 modem
- Your modem needs to be working so that you’re connected to the internet
- Either a phone, tablet laptop or computer connected to your modem by Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable
Step-by-step instructions to update your router
Please make sure your computer is connected to your modem either by Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- Using a web browser, enter http://192.168.1.1 in your address bar
If you see a notification like the below, click “Update Now” and proceed to Step 5.
If you do not see the message above, proceed to step 2
- Click “Update” in the navigation bar
- Click “Check for Updates”
- Click “Update Now”
- You will now see a progress bar – this download can take up to 15-20 minutes
Once complete, your router will automatically restart.
- Once your router completes its restart and upgrade, head to http://192.168.1.1 in your address bar
The username/password should be admin/admin. If this is not the case, please contact us for alternate combinations.
- Tick both the “Auto-update” and “Privacy Notice” checkboxes, and click “Next”
- Click Next again
- You’re all done!
If you get stuck, need a hand, or don’t feel comfortable doing this yourself – please contact us and our friendly team will be glad to assist.